Limelight 1 November 2016
What is in the Limelight today?
The Garda strike looks very likely. New emojis for iOS 10.2 are making our lives a bit more complete. The Dublin Fire Brigade showed how many bonfires lit up the city for all the wrong reasons and there’s a new radio station in town. For more just keep scrolling!
- #NextGenDL – The conference, Next Generation of Digital Learning commenced this morning.
- Ulster Bank – Fined 3.3 million for breaching anti-money laundering rules
- #gardastrike – The strike is likely to go ahead as rank-and-file reject government proposals
- Radiohead – Announce their Dublin concert for June 2017
- #enda – The second part of the Enda Kenny documentary is on tonight on RTE 1
In other news..
New emojis are on the horizon for iOS 10.2. The new emojis include a FACEPALM. Dreams do come true.
The Dublin Fire brigade started to trend on Twitter last night as they live tweeted the incidents that they were called to. They also created a map of all the fires which they were attending to that evening. From the map it looks like the whole of Dublin was taking the bonfire building a little too far.
Tesla wants to be the creator of the future smart house, starting with a solar roof like no other.
There is a new radio station that has just hit the airwaves. It will last for 28 days and will run 24/7. Unlike other radio stations it will have no news, presenters, ads or music. It is just a continuous conversation with 18 to 25 year olds living in Dublin. The goal behind it is to give a voice to those that would not normally have one.
Adweek have created a list of the top Halloween campaigns created this year.
World Vegan Day
Stress Awareness Day and Deviled Egg Day
eightytwenty Social Team